- Machine Learning Applications for Agricultural Impacts Under Extreme Events. Book Chapter (Climate Extremes and their Implications Across Sectors. Editors: Jana Sillmann, Simone Russo and Sebastian Sippel). Elsevier (2019) Accepted.
- B. Muhling; J. Jacobs, C.A. Stock, C. F. Gaitan; V. S. Saba. Projections of the future occurrence, distribution and seasonality of three Vibrio species in the Chesapeake Bay under a high-emission climate change scenario. GeoHealth (Accepted 2017). DOI: 10.1002/2017GH000089
- B. Muhling, C. F. Gaitan, C. Stock, V. Saba, D. Tommasi, K. Dixon. Potential salinity and temperature futures for the Chesapeake Bay using a statistical downscaling spatial disaggregation framework. Estuaries and Coasts (Accepted 2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12237-017-0280-8
- L. Qiao, C.B. Zou, C.F Gaitán, Y. Hong, R.A. McPherson. Analysis of precipitation projections over the climate gradient of the Arkansas-Red River Basin. Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology (2017). http://dx.doi.org/10.1175/JAMC-D-16-0201.1
- D. Tommasi, C. A. Stock, A. J. Hobday, R. Methot, I. C. Kaplan, P. Eveson, K. Holsman, T. J. Miller, S. Gaichas, M. Gehlen, A. Pershing, G. A. Vecchi, R. Msadek, T. Delworth, C. M. Eakin, M. A. Haltuch, R. Séférian, C. M. Spillman, J. R. Hartog, S. Siedlecki, J. F. Samhouri, B. Muhling, R. G. Asch, M. L. Pinsky, V. S. Saba, S. B. Kapnick, C. F. Gaitan, R. R. Rykaczewski, M. A. Alexander, Y. Xue, K. V. Pegion, P. Lynch, M. R. Payne, T. Kristiansen, P. Lehodey, and C. Werner. Managing living marine resources in a dynamic environment: the role of seasonal to decadal climate forecasts. Progress in Oceanography (2016). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pocean.2016.12.011
- C.F Gaitan. Effects of variance adjustment techniques and time-invariant transfer functions on heat wave duration indices and other metrics derived from downscaled time-series. Study case: Montreal, Canada. Natural Hazards. (2016). OPEN ACCESS. DOI: 10.1007/s11069-016-2381-2
- N. Ruiz Castillo & C.F Gaitan. Projecting Future Change in Growing Degree Days for Winter Wheat. Agriculture. 6(3)-47
(2016). OPEN ACCESS.DOI: 10.3390/agriculture6030047
- C.F Gaitan, V. Balaji & B. Moore III. Can we obtain viable alternatives to Manning's equation using genetic programming?. Artificial Intelligence Research. June 2016. OPEN ACCESS. DOI: 10.5430/air.v5n2p92
- K.W. Dixon, J. Lanzante, M.J. Nath, K. Hayhoe, A. Stonner, V. Balaji, A. Radhajrishnan and C.F Gaitan. Evaluating the stationarity assumption in statistically downscaled climate projections: Is past performance and indicator of future results? Climatic Change (2016). OPEN ACCESS. DOI: 10.1007/s10584-016-1598-0
- C.F Gaitan, W.W. Hsieh and A.J. Cannon. Comparison of statistically downscaled precipitation in terms of future climate indices and daily variability for southern Ontario and Quebec, Canada. Climate Dynamics. Volume 43 (12) December 2014, pg 3201-3217.
- K. Matsuura, C.F. Gaitan, W.W. Hsieh and A.J. Cannon. Maize yield forecasting by linear regression and artificial neural networks in Jilin, China. The Journal of Agricultural Science. Volume 153 (03) April 2015, pg 399-410.
- C.F. Gaitan, W.W. Hsieh, A.J. Cannon. Evaluation of linear and nonlinear downscaling methods in terms of weather and climate indices: Surface temperature in Southern Ontario and Quebec, Canada. Atmosphere-Ocean. December 2013.
- C.F. Gaitan, A.J. Cannon. Validation of historical and future statistically downscaled pseudo observed surface wind speeds in terms of climate and daily variability. Renewable Energy. March 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2012.10.001
- C.F. Gaitan, W.W. Hsieh, A.J. Cannon. Comparison of statistical downscaling methods for future weather and climate. Research article (Submitted).
- C.F. Gaitan Ospina. Scientific Technological Surveillance based on patents related with the study of the biogeochemical cycles in Southamerica and the world. Period 2003-2007. Espacios Digital. Vol 31 (3). ISSN 0798 1015 (2010)
- C. Gaitan. Assessment of station-scale changes in climate variability under different Climate Change Scenarios. Study Case: Alberni Robertson Creek, Vancouver Island. Scientific Bulletin CIOH. Vol 27. ISSN 0120-0542,57-65 (2009).
- C.F. Gaitan Ospina. Implementation of Technological Surveillance tools to the technologies related with the study of the biogeochemical cycles. Journal of Technology Management & Innovation. Vol 4, No. 2 (2009).
- C.F Gaitan. Statistically Downscaled Time Series for the Red River Basin (South Central U.S.A.) DOI:10.15763/dbs.sccsc.rr (2016)
- 1/10th of a degree observation based dataset. DOI:10.15763/dbs.sccsc.rr.0001
- Downscaled climate variables from the CCSM4 GCM.DOI:10.15763/dbs.sccsc.rr.0002
- Downscaled climate variables from the MIROC5 GCM. DOI:10.15763/dbs.sccsc.rr.0003
- Downscaled climate variables from the MPI-ESM-LR GCM. DOI:10.15763/dbs.sccsc.rr.0004